[Ansteorra] Re: [Coastal] Attn: New Rapier Fighters and Those Who Love Them

Elisabeth B. Zakes ezakes at austin.rr.com
Tue Mar 26 14:48:30 PST 2002

Actually, authorizations don't distinguish between epee and foil; if one is
authorized for adult rapier, one can use either type of blade, legally. The
distinction is between rapier and heavy rapier (schlager and Del Tin).

Aethelyan Moondragon
Bryn Gwlad

Well, I had planned on only using epees, since most new fighters, to my
knowledge, begin with epees and not foils (it's what I'm training with now).
  I would suggest that you come to a Stargate/Loch rapier practice and
authorize with epee.  If you're already authorized with foil and have been
fighting since at least last September, it should be no problem.  Since I'll
not be fighting in the tourney, you can use the epees I have, or someone
else's.  Finding loaner blades should be no problem.

Thanks for your interest, and please, if anyone has questions, don't
hesitate to ask.

Victoria