[Ansteorra] elfsea spring faire

Wilim Penbras wilim.penbras at pandora.org
Thu Mar 28 14:18:08 PST 2002

>The qualifying rounds of the Winston Cup (Professional Circuit
>race) are Friday and Saturday.  They expect over 100,000 people
>more than last year, bringing the grand total up to 280,000.

The TMS site says pretty clearly that it's maximum capacity is 204,000 so I'm not sure where there going to cram an extra 75,000 people.

>Many folks will be coming in Friday night, so arriving on site
>early is best.  On Sunday, the race runs from 10-12...making
The race doesn't start until 1pm Sunday according to the TMS Site.

>this the optimum time to get off site.  My friend said that as
>long as you were gone by 1pm at the latest, you should miss the
>onslaught of traffic that will release by 4pm.  As there is
>doubt as to extra access on other roads (farmers are taking it
>to a judge on April 3, and if he agrees with the farmers, we
>can't use any access roads other than the highway and 377),
I'd have to argue that I'm not trying to use the road as a Thoroughfare but that I'm going someplace that's ON the Farm Road.  I'll check on that judgement but I'd be surprised if the Farm Roads are closed to everyone.

>please plan on bringing great tunes, soothing/stimulating
>conversation, and tons of patience to get through a plethora of
>race traffic.
I'd agree with that.  Especially if you're coming from the North since I haven't found a good back way from the north.

>The traffic will also be diverted ONE way, when the race lets
>out to accommodate for the cars, so be prepared again.
Never had any problem in the past but yeah, I'd hate to play Salmon.

>As this is an Investiture Event elevating our friends Daniel and
>Siobhan to Baron and Baroness of Elfsea, I encourage you all to
>please come and join us for the ceremony and the celebration.
It's going to be a party for sure.

Wilim