[Ansteorra] elfsea spring faire

Rhodes-walden, Jennifer Jennifer.Rhodes-walden at usa.xerox.com
Thu Mar 28 14:40:13 PST 2002

>I haven't found a good back way from the north.

As one coming from the North (Lewisville), the advice I'd have to give
(taken with a large grain of salt and preferably with tequila)  is that
unless you know how to wend your way through the threadlike streets from SH
26/121 into Roanoke, etc, I'd leave about two hours ahead of your normally
scheduled arrival if you plan to come out on Saturday - those of us
intending to be there at 9 a.m. have made plans to leave around 6 a.m. 114
West and 35W are pretty much the only way for us northern folk to get here -
and I just do not know the side streets well enough to navigate safely.
However... I will try to convince my dear Rafael that we really, really,
*really* want to go cruisin' Saturday and try to find an alternate route.

If we're successful, I'll post it immediately.

>The traffic will also be diverted ONE way, when the race lets
>out to accommodate for the cars, so be prepared again.
>Never had any problem in the past but yeah, I'd hate to play Salmon.

It's not an issue if you leave late Saturday night! ;o) Of course, this may
require a designated driver... but oh, the noble sacrifice!

>As this is an Investiture Event elevating our friends Daniel and
>Siobhan to Baron and Baroness of Elfsea, I encourage you all to
>please come and join us for the ceremony and the celebration.
>It's going to be a party for sure.

And one we're all looking forward to!

Elysia

...where'd I put those bells again?