[Ansteorra] RE: Barbarian Gear at Prairie Hill Books

phb phb at alpha1.net
Wed Mar 27 14:00:54 PST 2002

We would like permission to introduce our new Barbarian Gear now being
offered in our bookstore.  Please let us know how best we spread the word to
your SCA members.

Introducing
BARBARIAN GEAR
From
Dragonscrossing

Now at
Prairie Hill Books
6508 Old Independence Road, Brenham, Texas 77833
(located in the scenic countryside off Hwy 50 just 5 miles north of downtown
Brenham – see map and directions on web site)
(979) 836-9226	phb at alpha1.net	www.prairiehillbooks.com

Why Barbarian Gear? I like going to the faire and having people ask where I
got the cool Barbarian gear. They always seem dumbfounded that I created it
all myself instead of having to buy it somewhere. And there is just
something fun about having people comment about how cool your outfit looks.
For most people, the problem is that it costs way too much to put together
their ensemble. Well, I am here to help.
If you are looking for something unusual. Something slightly different from
the norm. And something you can afford, then my gear may just be for you.
These are not objects mass-produced in a factory. They are each hand crafted
by me, reflecting my particular mood at the moment. They are unique, and now
you may own them too.
What I provide right now:
1.	Chain mail coifs, headdresses, neck and wrist wear. I use 16
gauge-galvanized wire, which makes for a nice light piece. If you are
looking for fine jewelry, go to a jeweler. If you want to pay more, feel
free to do so somewhere else. If you would like something that wears well,
is pleasing to look at, and gets you ooohed and aaahed at the fair at less
than the usual prices. I can fix you up.
2.	Barbarian drinking bottles. I came up with the idea for these when I got
tired of having to go to the fountain every thirty minutes to refill the ol’
mug. These wine bottles are fitted out with chain mail handles and chain
mail sheaths that both hold the bottle securely and let you tote that water
on your belt in a really cool way. Or, just carry them empty for a really
cool barbarian look. I can also provide a genie hand stopper at a price to
use as a stopper if you don’t want a boring cork stopper.
3.	Leather Bracers. I craft leather bracers in styles from the plain to the
ornate. I can give you everything from dragon’s claws to leaves for the
woodland folk look. I am still refining, perfecting and redefining as I go.
But have yet to get any complaints. They are attached by drawstrings of
either leather thongs or laces, at your convenience. They are light and wear
very comfortably.
4.	Staves from the Golem Trees. These very unusual walking staves are made
from mesquite wood and are carved into clawed hands or talons at the top
where they once branched. I then stain and seal them so that they last a
long time. Each is different and has its own personality. Yes, they may look
a tad pricey sitting there in the store, but look at it this way. You can
pay waaaayyyy more for a boring straight piece of stained wood, or you can
have people stare enviously at your cool Golem Stave. And when walking,
hiking in the park or visiting the faire, I have found that there are two
kinds of people. Those who have the Golem Staves, and those who sadly wish
they did.