[Ansteorra] Non-smokers beware of Motel 6

Adrienne R. Ferrell aferrell at texas.net
Wed May 1 10:00:49 PDT 2002

Greetings Mistress Meadhbh,

      I had the same experience at a Best Western a few years ago. The room
said no smoking but was full of ashtrays, and the room smelled like one. We
did not sleep well.  When we checked out I complained to the management.
They had a 100% satisfaction guarantee.  They gave me a 100% refund and
sent me an apology letter.  I don't know if motel 6 will, but I would ask
for my money back.  Their web site is http://www.motel6.com/ with contact
information.  By placing ashtrays in non smoking rooms they are saying
"it's okay to smoke here"
lost revenue usually changes behavior.

Sincerely,
Seraphina

>>From: "maddie teller-kook" <meadhbh at austin.rr.com>
>>To: "Ansteorra" <ansteorra at ansteorra.org>
>>Subject: [Ansteorra] Non-smokers beware of Motel 6.
>>Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 18:18:28 -0500
>>
>>This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
>>--
>>[ Picked text/plain from multipart/alternative ]
>>Hi.
>>Stayed at Motel 6 this weekend and discovered they don't really have
>>non-smoking rooms. Sure the rooms are marked that way but there are
>>ashtrays strewn around the room. The room also smelled like someone had
>>been smoking in it for years. I asked management about it and they said the
>>ash trays must be in the non smoking rooms incase someone smokes... doh!  I
>>did mention to them that other motels have non smoking rooms without ash
>>trays. The insist it is to prevent fires.
>>
>>In a nut shell... I won't be using them any more and wanted to warn others
>>that need non-smoking rooms that Motel 6 is a fraud.
>>
>>In service.
>>
>>Mistress Meadhbh
>>--

>Message: 11
>From: "karen moon" <karenmoon at msn.com>
>To: <ansteorra at ansteorra.org>
>Subject: Re: Subject: Re: [Ansteorra] Too many events?
>Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 23:17:03 -0500
>
>--
>
>Don't forget the many, many vicious fire ants.  And that the site was in a
lovely little river valley where the breeze blew not.  It was like living
inside a dog's mouth for 3 days.