[Ansteorra] Re: bringing new people, and several others.

Carolle M Cox hpockets at gte.net
Wed May 1 11:57:22 PDT 2002

OOH!  Really?  Do you have to bring your school ID?  Didn't know this . . .
. .

> I have always had great luck wit LaQuinta's.  I'm a teacher and so I get a
> discount rate anytime , anywhere.
> It is sometimes quite a bargin and a nice room to boot.
> gwyneth

So am i Olivia.  Please check your threat, curse, whatever, against the Rede
and make sure you're not digging yourself a nasty pit.

To the rest of you - We believe that whatever you do, bad or good, comes
back to you three times over.  We also believe that we are to 'harm none' at
all times. So we tell our seekers, and remind ourselves to do, say, and
think good as much as humanly possible.  But Everyone on Earth gets mad
enough to utter a comment such as the one below once in awhile.

You have quite a vocabulary, there my lady!  That one would have curled
Shakespeare's toes!

> So, WHOEVER you are, I'm a practioner of The Craft, with a firm belief in
T=
> he Rule of Three so...may you have your deed returned three-fold you
Mother=
> less child of the hairy testicle of a camel!

In one sentence, they're either ignorant of the Hospitaller's role with
newcomers, or they're hopeless boors.  Take your pick!  Maybe it's time for
your group's Hospitaller to put a message in your newsletter, reintroducing
themselves and defining their role in the group?

But until the 'host' learns what the true path is, at least he's bringing in
people, some of whom will stay and play with us.  That's not all bad.

> I want to know what the list thinks about people who habitually
> bring lots of new people to events (for their first exposure)
> and make no attempt to clothe them appropriately or introduce
> them to the hospitilar?

> Lorraine DeerSlayer

Agreed, Lorraine.  Does anyone have such a photo??

> It would be really cool if someone could post pictures
> of our first Sword of State, since people are looking
> in pawn shops and such...though it was stolen in Austin...
>
> Lorraine DeerSlayer

Lady Gerita Delmar
Canton of Glaslyn
Minister of Arts and Sciences