[Ansteorra] Landlocked?

Burke McCrory bmccrory at oktax.state.ok.us
Wed May 1 14:58:59 PDT 2002

At 01:31 PM 5/1/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>Shesh tell me about it. I asked Crown last year what our boundries for our
>canton was, This is the response i got
> >From North of Muskogee to the Texas Line
>West of Ada to the Arkansas Line.
>
>Hmm that is a huge hunk o land.
>The reason I had asked was I was informed that Hugo was in our groups
>boundries... None of us here knew this. We are far from land locked though
>Huge lake.. but no pirates.. alas.. mayhaps can we borrow some of yours? lol
>
>Chass Brown aka Charinthalis Del Sans Autocrat Margrave/Vormund VIII
>Owner Dwarvenhome Armory    www.dwarvenhome.com
>Minister of A&S of Canton of Rundel

That is nice in theory but not very practical or realistic.  Each group has
a group of zip codes that belongs to them.  That list is maintained by the
Kingdom Seneschal and the SCA Corporate office.  In most groups this is
usually a roughly circular area that includes the immediate areas around
the group where members live (this also includes any intervening zip
codes).  This does not mean that huge areas of land are included just to
get to a single member (ie Wastelands would not get all of Northwestern
Oklahoma just to try and include a member in Boise City).  These none
incorporated areas are declared "Crown Lands".   So Rundel's lands include
the area around the canton but not all of southeastern Oklahoma.  For the
exact zip codes you will have to check with the Kingdom Seneschal's office.

Burke