[Ansteorra] Bringing new people

Rhodes-walden, Jennifer Jennifer.Rhodes-walden at usa.xerox.com
Wed May 1 15:51:25 PDT 2002

>Just a few thoughts I gathered from my short stint as hospitaler.
1) Only donate that which you plan on never seeing again. (Agreed)
2) Only give to the very new garb that is just good enough to get by.

My only argument to #2, m'lady, is that if it's 'just good enough to get
by,' people won't be willing to put it on at all; no one wants to look bad
in anything they put on, nor do they wish to feel uncomfortable. Case in
point, my own lord refuses to wear loaner garb though he presently has none
and feels - in his words - like a dork for going in mundanes. Perhaps it's a
catch-22, but in this case, I think it just might backfire.

And who knows? Maybe if they put something relatively nice on, it might
inspire them to create something even more regal.

Elysia