[Ansteorra] 1 May 37 AS

Padraig O'Maolagain padraig_ruad at irishbard.com
Thu May 2 09:10:50 PDT 2002

It's actually the same reasoning in both cases:  the first year of Anno Domini is calculated from the year 1, the first year of Anno Societatis is calculated from the year 1.  So we are in the year 2002, or the the two thousand and second year since the birth of Christ (officially, anyway - never mind the miscalculations and caledar reforms that result in Jesus having been born between 3 and 7 years before the year we count from), and in year 37 of the Society, or the thirty-seventh year after the beginning of the SCA.

Pádraig

Sent via the WebMail system at irishbard.com