[Ansteorra] horse rectum sausage (was weird food)

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Thu May 2 13:21:11 PDT 2002

-Shu'la commented:
> That's not slavic countries you're thinking of.  It's Central Asia
> (Kazakhstan in particular) and it was me that told you about it.  Horse
> rectum sausage is quite popular there (I even have instructions on how to
> make it in a Kazakh cookbook).  My brother assures me its rather good with a
> cold beer....how MUCH beer, you may ask?  Not sure......would make a heck of
> an A&S entry, though!

For a number of other horse recipes, including this one, check this
file in the Florilegium:
horse-recipes-msg (24K) 12/14/01    Period horse recipes. References.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/horse-recipes-msg.html

If I remember correctly, all of the recipes I have are from Central
Asia. Although the Europeans do eat horse meat today, it doesn;t
appear like they did in period.

Stefan

   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net