[Ansteorra] Jewelry

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Thu May 2 18:43:59 PDT 2002

HL Biatrichi di Palermo asked:
> Does anyone do any casting that would be willing to do one or two pieces for me?
> Or...is there anyone in the Eastern Coastal area who would be willing to teach?

I'm not the best carver, but if we can make arrangements to meet, I
might be willing to take this on, depending upon the complexity of
the pieces. Or I would be willing to teach you.

If you'd like to teach yourself, you might read these files in the
Florilegium. The first article in the casting-msg file is what I
originally learned from.
casting-msg      (141K)  1/17/02    Casting pewter and other metals.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CRAFTS/casting-msg.html

Ummm. I only cast in pewter, although this file does detail how to
use similar methods to do other metals.

pewter-msg        (16K)  2/ 7/01    Pewter in period. References. Sources.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CRAFTS/pewter-msg.html
soapstone-msg     (21K) 12/ 3/01    Use of Soapstone in period. Modern sources.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CRAFTS/soapstone-msg.html
   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net