[Ansteorra] Bringing new people

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Fri May 3 09:52:24 PDT 2002

aceiatx at yahoo.com writes:
>> I think most 'mundanes' do not realize the time and expense put into
these
>> garments.
Donnel writes;
>OK The key is to get them there. Then loan the garment. If you have their
>clothes in your tent stashed away in the loaner box. They have to come back
>to you and change. Then you can make sure they have all the contact
>information so you can send one free copy of the newsletter as well as call
>back in a week to check on them. Also make sure they have someone to walk
>around with for the day. Then when it is time to go that person will make
>sure they come and get you.

I've even seen the gate crew offer the loaner clothing in exchange for their
drivers license, kept in the cash box.   I don't think we've lost a garment
loaned with that method, yet; as they definately want their license back.
New folks have been very agreeable about the process.  This exchange is not
done all the time (up to the current hospitoler), but it does seem to work
well.
Hillary