[Ansteorra] Questions about Toga's

C. L. Ward gunnora at vikinganswerlady.org
Sat May 4 09:41:21 PDT 2002

>Gentile people I am in need of assistance. I
>need some pics of different types of togas
>and a time frame for them. If anyone could
>help please let me know, I am haveing a toga
> made for my wedding (which is comeing up sooooon).

There's a good article on Roman clothing, with pics, at:
http://www.vroma.org/~bmcmanus/clothing.html

There's a good pattern for a toga at:
http://www.costumes.org/pages/timelinepages/ancientrome1.htm

The toga was a semicircle, 9 feet across the straight edge, made of fine
white wool.  You had a draper to help you, and it went on wet, while the
draper arranged the intricate pleating.

For an excellent collection of illustrations of the various aspects of the
toga, see:
http://www.cwu.edu/~robinsos/ppages/resources/Costume_History/roman.htm

Some other helpful articles:

http://romegiftshop.com/romantoga.html