[Ansteorra] Questions about Toga's

C. L. Ward gunnora at vikinganswerlady.org
Sat May 4 09:45:51 PDT 2002

Damask said:
I don't know there are "different types" of
>togas, but you can look at ANY Greek or Roman
>statuary and see what they look like, how they
>drape, etc.

It's really not that simple.  If you miss the tunica underneath (which you
can't always see as a separate garment in the statuary) then you'll never
get the look right.  And the draping had several required features that need
some explanation.  It's kind of like a modern man's necktie - you can attach
it around your neck in dozens of ways, but only one or two get the correct
look (and I don't know how you'd ever figure out a double Windsor knot from
text or a photo, lol).

::GUNNVOR::