[Ansteorra] Re: [Ansteorra]

Michael Smith morganbuchanan at hotmail.com
Tue May 7 07:33:29 PDT 2002

The chivalric community is also encouraged to use alternate weapons. A
knight needs to be profcient in ALL weapons of tournament combat, per
Corpora. For the purpose of discussion, we use the term "off" in the same
manner that you used "alternate."  It simply means that we admit that the
most COMMON method of fighting in our kingdom is sword and shield, not that
it's the "right" way to fight or the most "superior" way to fight or
anything like that.  Just the most common.

I hope I have helped rather than muddied the waters.

Lord Morgan Buchanan