[Ansteorra] Query...

HL Darcy darcy at seacove.net
Fri May 10 19:26:01 PDT 2002

Luciano wrote:
> I first heard of the SCA when I was 14 or 15, reading L. Sprague de Camp's
> "The Blade of Conan", a collection of stories and articles from "Amra" (a
> Conan fanzine from the 60s).  One of the articles was by Poul Anderson and
> entitled "Richard the Lionhearted is Alive, Well, and Living in the
> Twentieth Century", which gave a snapshot of the SCA circa AS 5 or 6.

Amazing.  That's where I first heard about the SCA.  Then I kept reading
about it
in LOCs (Letters of Comment) in various magazines like Conan the Barbarian
from Marvel Comics and I knew, somehow, I had to find these people.  I had
to move to Ansteorra before I did.  I've been playing since Sigmund and
Siglinda's
first reign.

Darcy

Inman's first wife played Mexican Sweat poker with the kiddies on my living
room
at a birthday revel at my house when I still lived in Elfsea long before
Inman had won
his first crown.  (I never did find all the Monopoly money after that.)