[Ansteorra] "Born On The List Field"

HL Darcy darcy at seacove.net
Fri May 10 19:29:46 PDT 2002

Oooh, sounds fun.  Can I do Kipling's _Danegeld_?  The subject's period.

Darcy

Alden wrote:
Well...I hadn't counted on a *class*, per-se...but I'll make a deal...let's
link two different threads on this list...I will happily sponsor an
old-fashioned, "pass-the-candle" Bardic Circle at my encampment (wherever
that may be *G*) or wherever else is appropriate, at Steppes Warlord. I'll
even bring the candle. I'll try to teach "Born on the Listfield"....and
maybe we'll be able to revive a few of the "Olde Ways"...

Here are the rules:

1) We'll start as soon as possible after Court.

2) No lewd pieces until after midnight (the time is changeable, depending on
how long the Crown and Their Excellencies drag out Court....).

3) Pass-the-candle: When the candle/lamp comes to you, you have 3 choices:
--Play (you perform a piece)
--Punt (you ask for a specific piece, a type of piece, or a specific person
to perform), or
--Pass (you wimp out [*G*], and pass the candle to the next person. Hey,
it's okay, performers need an *audience*, too!)

4) Try for a period feel, but if all you know is "Stairway to Gilligan's
Island", we'll play along. (...but I'll personally vilify anyone who
specifically brings "S.T.G.I." to the circle! Be warned, my cadet has a
rubberband pistol...and I just might borrow it!)

5) I will supply a case of Alden Swill (a very dark, sweet home brew, made
by Lord Uilleam), and some wine, (and some non-alcoholic schtuff) etc.;  to
lubricate the throats of the participants.

6) If you wish, bring other libations, largesse, etc; to gift to those
performers who impress you!

7) Bring your own chairs/pillows/cloaks.

8) Have a wonderful time!

So...is anyone interested? (Or should I just burn my bard's book?)

In Service, I remain
Alden Pharamond
Tempio, Ansteorra