[Ansteorra] OT: SCA License Plates

Brian Martin BMartin at Corp.Prodigy.com
Mon May 13 06:47:29 PDT 2002

I don't know about the state of Texas issue SCA themed license plates, but I
like the personalized plates that I have on my
truck: "WE FEW".

I get asked what it means quite often, the most common question asking if I
was in the Marines. When I tell them its a quote from Shakespeare "You know,
Henry V - 'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers...'", most people just
don't get it.

Pendaran

-----Original Message-----
From: Burke McCrory [mailto:burkemc at cox.net]
Sent: Monday, May 13, 2002 12:24 AM
To: ansteorra at ansteorra.org
Subject: Re: [Ansteorra] OT: SCAdian License Plates

At 11:09 PM 5/12/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>To help get Lady Eleanor's point across
>here is the URL she was trying to send:
>
>http://www.senate.state.mo.us/02info/billtext/intro/SB1189.htm
>
>-Seanan
>----
>
>-Lord Seanán mac Tighearnáin
>-seanan @ elfsea.net
>-Dragonsfire Tor, Elfsea, ANSTEORRA!

This is a neat idea but each state has different requirements and laws
governing the looks of license plates.  In Oklahoma it would require a bill
in the legislature changing state statues, then the complete process would
be governed by the Oklahoma Tax Commission.  It is compounded by the fact
that many of the Indian Tribes also have the right to issue license plates
to tribal members living in tribal areas.  So I would suggest that it would
be a lot easier to try this in Texas first.

Burke