[Ansteorra] Which brings us to...

willow taylor jonwillowpel at juno.com
Mon May 13 15:10:04 PDT 2002

Hi this is Willow

I suspect this problem is do to not arranging for enough people doing an
event. In the old days an autocrat knew that the members of a local group
would stay and take care of cleanup. Today, because we have so many
people, there is a tenancy to think someone else is already taking care
of the problem. We need better communications.

Of course I was not thinking of the event clean up when I was talking
about not getting help. I was thinking of the "special activities".  The
dance area for courtly dance or the halfa area for the middle eastern
dances or the special archery shoot or the bardic circle or million other
things. Many of these things are not organized by the local group. They
are organized by individuals. Many people have told me they liked my
bardic areas , dance areas , taverns, Ladies pavilions, theatrical
productions, quest or etc.  They have told me that these added magic to
their events. None of what I did was sponsored by a local group. The
local groups allowed me to do these activities at their event but they
did not pay for them or provide people to work on them.  The people who
shared in these activities did the work. The Drakemoor and Lindenwood
ladies put on the Ladies pavilions. The Lindenwood Middle Eastern dance
guild put on the Coffee shops or Shows.  The Clan Caldal did the Taverns.
These are groups I worked with but I have seen other groups do special
things also. The Grail Company for example puts on wonderful Pas de Arms.
Anytime you want to do something special you have to put a group
together. Many times it can't be the people who are putting on the event
because they are doing to much all ready. We the people who enjoy these
special activities need to seek out opportunities to help. There is a
greater chance that something  you enjoy will continue if the people
working on the activity get a little help.