[Ansteorra] Query...

Mike C. Baker kihe at ticnet.com
Tue May 14 07:35:15 PDT 2002

> Considering the recent past discussions on keeping newcomers
> I think we should use these topics to examine why we stay in
> the SCA, because if it's kept us ... and we want newcomers of
> like mind...then the same things will draw and keep them...
>
> So...why did you join and why do you stay in the SCA?

I actually joined the SCA because it combined so many of my interests
into one organization. In many ways, SCA is a direct continuation of my
experiences in Scouting -- I began a lifetime interest in heraldry from
an article in Boy's Life as a Cub Scout in the late '60s, and a lifetime
commitment to the principles of honor and courtesie along the way to
achieving my Eagle in '76.  SCA also gave me an outlet for performing,
for continuing the calligraphy that I grew to love as part of a high
school art course, and for exploration of arts & crafts that are a
birth-family legacy.  SCA association has also given me a venue for
continuing another family tradition, sharpening & selling knives, tools,
and the like.

I stay for all of those reasons, but most importantly because the
friends & family I've gathered are just that.

Hello, again, my friends.

Adieu, Amra / Pax ... Kihe / ttfn - Mike

Mike C. Baker DBA: Reverend Kihe Blackeagle (PULC)
(the Dreamsinger Bard:
"The Circle is closed, always and forever.
The Circle is open, always and forever.
And we are all forever a part of the Circle.")

In the SCA, al-Sayyid Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra,
   currently resident in the Barony of the Steppes, Kingdom of Ansteorra
Any opinions expressed are obviously my own, unless explicitly stated
otherwise!

Alternate Contact Information: MikeCBaker at aol.com   KiheBard at aol.com
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/8661