[Ansteorra] Pirates not just a rumor

Arabella de Montacute arabella at elfsea.net
Fri May 17 06:08:00 PDT 2002

Dearest Lady Eleanor Cleavely,
Whilest in conversation with others in our fair land this missive was shown to me.  Do you believe these to be truths?

Honourable Lady Arabella

Your Excellency,

Far be it from us to question your word, but surely sightings of this
querulous ne'er-do-well cannot be so totally without foundation. For the
most exquisite Baronesses of our fair Steppes and Elfsea have received word
from the south, revealing that the dread piratess draws nigh. And that good
Lord Sebastian should also carry word of a sighting, of plunder most vile -
nay, my dear Baron, this cannot be mere circumstance!

I recall an old platitude that carries much weight in this regard - once is
chance, twice is coincidence, but thrice is conspiracy. That such
correspondence between a Baron of our kingdom and so nefarious a being as
Jaquote de la Hay should fall into our hands merely corroborates the idea of
conspiracy, do you not concur? Especially to cast suspicion upon your august
personage. Surely, good gentles, we are faced with cunning, crafty villains
who know no bounds in their treachery!

I must away to my lady Baroness, to offer my services in preparing against
such an invasion as may occur, and carry word to Brother Rafael that he
should stand ready should battle arise, for there will be many wounded.

Stay safe and guard thy countenance well, for treachery comes like a thief
in the night upon us...

In most humble service,

Elysia de Solares