[Ansteorra] Most Urgent Letter Concerning those Dreaded Pirates!

C E Huse cehuse at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 21 09:19:22 PDT 2002

Buenos Dias from your most humblest of servants Lady Maria de Vasquez,
Yeoman Guard for the Barony Elfsea and loyal and devoted subject to the
Kingdom of Ansteorra!

I have just recieved a missive from my father concerning that dreaded priate
Jaquotte. Because he wrote his letter in our native Spanish tongue, I have
taken the liberty of translating it for you.

In Service,
Lady Maria

To my cherished daughter, Maria, I send unto you grave tidings,

It has come to my attention that the dreaded pirate, Jaquotte de la Haye,
will be embarking upon the shores of Ansteorra. I only pray to Our Lord that
this missive reaches you in time.

I have told you my my encounter with her some years ago. However, I did not
tell you all the details because it was not an appropriate story for someone
that was of such a tender young age. But, you are now an adult and I feel
that you may now hear of some more of my story. Please pass this along to
your fellow Ansteorrans and I pray they take heed of this danderous woman!

I was sailing back from an errand our beloved Queen sent me on. I had
brought many beautiful bolts of silk and velvet to England and was returning
with news from their land when I was set upon by Jaquotte.

Though my ship was fast, hers was faster. The speed of her ship was like
that of a ghost and this scared many of my men for they thought she was
Lucifer incarnate. She and her crew managed to board my ship and take myself
and my crew hostage in mere minutes.

I will neve forget how she looked. She wore a white hat with red feathers.
Also, she boasted a red jolly roger, not the normal black one. Since you
know not what this signifies a red jolly roger is more feared because it
means that no quarter and no prisoners will be taken.

She spared my life that day so that I could spread the word of how dangerous
this woman can be. I was lucky, but half my crew was not. She took them and
my clothes as payment for my life. I do not know what has happened to my men
and this disturbs me greatly. I treasure the lives of my men and worry over
their safety and well-being.

My fair daughter, Jaquotte, is a woman not to be trifled with. I was lucky
others may not be so. Your mother is in fear of your life and that of your
husband's. Please keep our beautiful grandchildren safe and close by your
side.

Please, send this to your King and the local landed nobles post-haste. This
demoness seeks wealth and riches at any cost.

Your Loving Father,
Juan de Vasquez
Ambassador to the King and Queen of Spain