[Ansteorra] Fabric source

Mitch Utsey mutsey at redsword.com
Wed May 29 07:27:01 PDT 2002

I worked as a tent maker for a couple of years. Both companies used the same
supplier: Astrup. I strongly recommend using a marine boat shrunk canvas like
Sunforger. Astrup's website is : http://www.astrup.com/

They are pretty good folks to work with, and most are quite knowledgeable. For a
Medieval pavilion, I'd avoid most of their Tent and Shelter Fabric, as they are
not really meant for the game that we play...

If you don't have a good, strong industrial sewing machine, you might see about
renting one. You can REALLY trash a home unit with just a part of a pavilion...

housedragonstar wrote:

> Greetings friends.
>
> I have been toying with the idea of making a new tent.  Along those lines, I
> think that I have found a potential source for some really cheap canvas.
>
> Before I get my hopes up and organize a purchase for myself and others, I
> would like to know if anyone else has had dealings with this company in the
> past.
>
> It is Magna Fabrics in New Jersey.  Their web site is at
> http://www.magnafabrics.com.
>
> Thanks for any information.
>
> Medb Liath

-Mitch Utsey

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of
servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go
home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms.
Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains
set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our
countrymen. -- Samuel Adams, speech at the Philadelphia
State House, August 1, 1776.

"To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of the
people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young,
how to use them."
 - Richard Henry Lee,