[Ansteorra] Re: [Ansteorra-announce] Important plea from the Ansteorra admins...

Armand Dragonetti dragonetti at generich.com
Mon May 20 07:33:56 PDT 2002

Likewise, I am receiving multiple messages with this same worm and would ask
that everyone please heed Master Pug's request. (quoted below) I would like
to offer a few details that might be helpful in identifying one of the
infected systems.

My thoughts are that someone of a relatively high muckity-muck status is
infected. The worm picks addresses out of one's address book to claim who it
is FROM and picks another one to send it TO. I've received the message
claiming to be from chirugeon at sca.org and webminister at trimaris.org as well
as several other high-level addresses. And I've received them to my
dragonetti at generich.com and kingdomcalendar_vscribe at ansteorra.org accounts.
How many people have
kingdomcalendar_vscribe at ansteorra.org in their address book? Kingdom
officers and/or kingdom server folks (past and present) like Master Pug,
Mistress Clarissa, Ches, Afan, Master Richard, possibly Arabella (left over
from Kingdom Calendar days)...somebody in there could possibly be infected.

So I urge everyone who might have kingdomcalendar_vscribe at ansteorra.org in
their address book, or even those who've just sent a calendar link request
to that address, to please follow Master Pug's advice quoted below. I
suspect relatively few of us have chirugeon at sca.org in our address book as
well, or have sent a message to that person. No matter, I'm just trying to
do what I can to minimize the spread of this worm.

* PLEASE understand that I am not trying to point the finger, cast blame, or
hurl innuendos about. I truly just want to see a reduction in the number of
infected emails that I receive.

If you do find that your system is infected, I'd love to hear about it
privately so I can crucify you in public, wait...I meant so I can stroke my
own ego for the brilliance of my sleuthing :-)

Armand Dragonetti
Virtual Scribe for the Kingdom Calendar