[Ansteorra] Rose Archery Tourney

Kimberly Koch sarapenrose at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 14 09:29:35 PST 2002

Hi all,

I just wanted to report on the Rose Tournament that
was held last weekend at Three Kings in Rosenfeld.

Each of the Roses sponsored an archer or two, as did
both Her Majesty Julia and Her Highness Conal, and we
had a wonderful time rooting for "our" archers. The
final round was between Logan Metalweaver and Ulrich
of Carolingia, both very skilled archers indeed. After
an exciting final, Ulrich proved victorious and is now
the Archery Champion of the Ladies of the Rose.

I'd like to thank several special people who helped
make the tournament a success:

Moreg Cochrane, the Royal Huntsman, was kind enough to
run the tourney for us. She was an absolute delight to
work with, and the Ladies of the Rose are grateful for
her skilled running of the tourney and for soliciting
our input on the setup of the final round.

Timothy of Glastonbury did a wonderful job as our
herald, both in heralding the list and in explaining
the intricate workings of the various archery rounds
to those in attendance.

Countess Anora and Duke Rischard generously lent us
the use of their pavilion so that we could all watch
the tourney in shaded comfort.

And most of all, I'd like to thank all the archers who
participated. It was a great honor to the Ladies that
they chose to come compete to represent us in this
fashion. They were warm and welcoming and gracious,
and even gave Maggie and I a few pointers when we
tried our hand a little archery of our own! (and they
were kind enough not to laugh at me when I dropped my
arrows or hit the wrong target...)

I had a truly wonderful time! Much thanks to everyone
involved!

Kind regards,
Countess Sara Penrose
Lady of the Rose