[Ansteorra] Teachers, totally off subject... [MUNDANE SPAM]

David Hughes davidjhughes.tx at netzero.net
Thu Nov 14 16:19:26 PST 2002

Brian Martin wrote:

> end of the year based on "how well you did", however you determine that...
>
> I figured we had lots of teachers around on this list, and i wondered why
> they were so against pay
> being linked to performance, other than it's harded than just having pay
> linked to seiniority...
>
> Can anyone tell me? You can answer privatley if you don't want to spam the
> list...
> 'Cause it seems like a natural to me...I Mean , more money is more money
> right?

 US unions, as a group, do not favor performance based pay.
If the teacher's unions came out in favor of performance pay, it would
set a precedent that might be used to encourage, say for example,
postal workers to be paid better if they actually did a better job,
rather than having their pay based on seniority in the position.