[Ansteorra] Fw: Youth Academy and office openings

Paul DeLisle ferret at hot.rr.com
Fri Nov 15 04:37:55 PST 2002

> Personal opinion, no. Experienced resource available, if needed, yes.
>
> There are lots of folks of all ages who could run a list for the
> first time
> if an experienced resource were available. I've had a legal minor as an
> assistant from time to time, and saw no problems at all with the
> handling of
> "okay, now what?" situations. The experienced person just needs to
> understand the level of learning ability of the person being mentored and
> explain things to that level.
>
> Aethelyan Moondragon
> Bryn Gwlad

I'm cornfuzzled, Ithilien...are you saying that they *don't* need
supervision, but you're offering it anyway? LOL...be careful...that's your
experience talking! (For any of you who might have missed it....Her
Excellency has been LM'ing for ..well...the 20 years that *I* know of,
anyway...) I doubt that a problem *exists* that she hasn't handled tactfully
and skillfully (multiple times.) As a herald, I get to see a lot of what
happens behind the scenes; and I've seen *adults* who are *convinced* of
their superior LMing skills...who who I wouldn't trust to set up a game of
tic-tac-toe.
Personally, I think that an experienced adult needs to be *formally*
available (if not necessarily "in-charge") to continue the teaching process.
(or...was that what you were suggesting?)

Alden