[Ansteorra] NMS

Paul DeLisle ferret at hot.rr.com
Sun Nov 17 21:10:44 PST 2002

> wolf sed:
> which is essentially also a "stealth increase" in the basic
> membership fees .. by "unbundling" TI and leaving the basic
> membership rate unchanged, *everyone* was just hit by a membership
> fee increase, and most don't realize it yet ... cleaver use of terms
> to make a unpopular decision and divert attention away from the
> actions.
> ==============================
> I don't think that the increase was too stealthy, as it was
> explained, once upon a time, to anyone who cared to read
> about it.  It was posted in several areas.
> And things keep increasing in cost.  It's just the way things are.
> Gerald.

I have to agree. You have a choice: Be part of the problem, or part of the
solution. Rather than merely complaining about something you don't like; How
about an alternative? (or, better yet, where were you 6 months ago, when
this was proposed?) If you don't like it...either don't play, or come up
with a better answer. ...and don't tell me; I  (and most of this list)
aren't in a position to change it.  ...Tell the BOD in a formal proposal.
Duke Frederick did...aside from complaining (which, I suppose, is your
Constitutional right, just as it's ours to ignore it)...where is *your*
(generic "your", directed at anyone who is bi***in without providing an
answer)  "Radical Proposal"?

Alden
(unable to come up with a better solution, but more than willing to goad
someone else into doing so...)