[Ansteorra] An Autumn Event

John Yates valstarr_hawkwind at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 17 22:12:25 PST 2002

(Rundel)
   Vivats echoed amidst trees standing tall in the
moonlight over the week's end, as gentles and nobles
from three kingdons converged on the hills of the
extreme eastern edge of Ansteorra's Northern Region.
   Ansteorra, Calontir and Meridies were each
represented in the camaraderie of Rundel's annual
Margrave gathering and competitions.
   More than six score were tallied for the record,
with competitions both martial and merry, from those
skilled of hand in crafts to the keen of eye with the
arrow, the strong in armor to the swift with blade.
The skilled in song were also strong.
   Champions indeed were chosen, and the kingdom's
future was not forgotten, as there were children and
youth Margraves as well as the champions amongst those
recognized. That, at an outdoor court where the fire
helped illuminate the autumn-chilled night.
   Well-known aquaintances were renewed, and new
memories forged in the camaraderie of those gathered.
   Food and friends and fun had it's place. Kingdom
and Crowns, the Barony and Canton, were not all that
were saluted, as even humor received the vivat.
   For myself, I saw some I have known for a number of
seasons, as well seeing others whom I hope to see
again.
   I hope all who came enjoyed the event.

Regards,
Valstarr Hawkwind