[Ansteorra] Question 11/3

Rhodes-walden, Jennifer Jennifer.Rhodes-walden at usa.xerox.com
Mon Nov 4 15:57:06 PST 2002

1. What is your definition of honor?

Honour is the personfication of integrity, honesty, and decency. It is
resolution when faced with a moral dilemma; it is strength when faced with
adversity; it is resilience in times of darkness. Honour is something innate
in each of us, and no one can strip us of it by but our own actions, words
and ideas. A person is as honourable as they choose to be.

2. What is your definition of chivalry?

Chivalry, to me, is an attitude of respect, grace and courtesy that should
be conveyed to each person regardless of external trappings, such as rank,
appearance, or manners. Not deference, but simple courtesy that never dies
and never goes out of style, be it in word, deed or thought.

I have learned much from the good gentles of Ansteorra in my year's worth of
play about the art of chivalry.

3. What is your definition of "the dream"?

I wish it could be put into words easily. The Dream is so many different
ideas to different people that I scarcely know how to define it, except to
say that it provides each of us an opportunity to be just who we want to be,
to do what we wish we could, feel how we like, or think in a different light
without fear of reprisal from the world we currently live in.

I can't remember from where this phrase comes, or all of it, but it sums my
opinion up nicely.  "Not what is, but what we wish were true..."

In service to the Dream and Ansteorra,

Elysia Katherine O'Malley