[Ansteorra] Question 11/11

Jan Van Zandt hejanais at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 11 22:49:31 PST 2002

I feel that basically I am pretty much the same in the SCA and in mundane life.  I was raised to believe that your word was your honor and I tried to raise my children the same way.  My youngest son, Sir Corwin, and I have been in the SCA since 1983.

I have a real problem with people in or out of the SCA who are manipulative, controlling, dishonest, underhanded, destructive, pompous and rude.  This is our hobby - what we do for fun - so, why should I put up with these people in the SCA when I definitely wouldn't put up with them in the real world.

I think that in the past I have been more apt to put up with or ignore that type of behavior in the SCA just because these people may THINK they are 'in personna'.  There are all kinds of personna play, but I truly think that being 'in personna' is a lame excuse for rude behavior no matter who or what you are or where you are.

After almost twenty years in the SCA there are definitely people that I do not trust and I do not wish to have in my camp or even in my presence in the SCA much less in real life.  You can be sure that they were given more than one chance to prove their true colors.

HE Janais L'orfevre

Shire of Ffynnon Gath