[Ansteorra] Fw: [Youth-combat] Fw: Youth Academy and office openings

Stefen and Rhonda Hays housedragonstar at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 21 13:01:21 PST 2002

Greetings Ansteorra,
There is a Youth Academy being planed by the Incipient Canton of Cridhe na
Tyr for February 28 - March 2.
This is for Youth Boffer, Chivalric, Rapier and Archery.
 At this time, we are planning to use the Middleford site of Camp Finlayson.
This site has indoor classrooms, restrooms, showers, kitchen facilities, as
well as GP tents for outside activities.
We would like to have this event be a Kingdom-wide effort in promoting the
activities of the Youth of Ansteorra.

The following is a list of classes and activities:

8-10    Making Weapons (All Ages -
Chivalric)-------------------------Caedmon
8-10    Making Armor (All Ages -
Chivalric)----------------------------Caedmon
9-12    A&S Classes for
Youth------------------------------------------Ladies Cynthia and Moia
10-11  On Being a Cadet & Don  Ages 13 & up------------------------Don Iago
10-11  What does it take to be a local MoC?---------------------------Lady
Saundra
10-11  List Clerk-------------------------------------------------------Lady
Aethelyan
11-12  Authorization Classes for Children
(Chivalric) -------------------Lord Daire
11-12  Authorization Classes for Children
Rapier)  ---------------------Lady Aethelyan
12-1    Sideboard lunch courtesy of Gilli
1-2      What does it take to be a local
MoC?----------------------------Lady Saundra
1-2      On Being a Page, Squire, Knight & Chivalry Ages 10 & up ------Duke
Patrick
 2-3     Bardic for
h     ---------------------------------------------(Tiggy-pending)
 2-3     Authorizing Marshal Classes for Parents
hivalric)   ------------Lord Daire
 2-3     Authorizing Marshal Classes for Parents
Rapier)  ---------------Lady Aethelyan
 3-4     Archery for
Youth-----------------------------------------------(pending)

Activities:

1-4   Fight the Knight----HE Sir Randall der Krieger

1-4   Fight the Don------Don Iago

5:  Tournaments for boffer chivalric and rapier begin  - need volunteers to
help!!

Your help and input would be greatly appreciated.  If you are able to commit
to helping with one or more of these classes, please contact the Autocrat of
the event as soon as possible so that a schedule can be finished for next
month's Black Star.  His name is Geoffrey Tailor (Jeff Fox) at
foxden7 at juno.com  His phone number is
512-352-9226.

I would also like to announce that I have Regional Youth Combat Marshal
offices open for bids for the following Regions...

Central.
Coastal.
Northern.
Southern.
Western.

If you are interested please come out to the Youth Academy or send me an
e-mail.
I will have the forms to fill out ,bring a photo coppy of your drivers
license and SCA membership.

In Service,
Lord Daire de Haya
Kingdom Youth Combat Marshal