[Ansteorra] "Everything I ever needed to know, I learned in the SCA"

L T ldeerslayer at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 23 15:07:32 PST 2002

>Xene here:

...snipped...

>What goes around, comes around. The person you help today may be the person
>who saves your life tomorrow. If not them, then someone else will be there
>when you need it most.

Sometimes you are the one Karma is bestowed upon and sometimes you are the purveyor of Karma...

>If you do have a complaint about someone, take it to them first. The
>individual that you might choose to complain to could be that person's
>relative (or squire brother, or Laurel, etc.).

In realtion to this one...not all "complaining" is really complaining...if you hear someone complain about something, nine times out of ten it is a momentary outgassing...and should not be relayed to the person involved...

>Always check (and re-check) who your e-mail is being sent to. If you are
>really upset about something, write your letter, save it and then look at it
>again the next day. Use Spellcheck:)

Amen!

>Service should be done with joy, not as a begrudging chore. There is
>nobility in every action of service, even washing dishes or peeling turnips.

I agree again!

>What have you learned in the SCA that has helped you in the "real" world?

>In Service,

>Xene Theriane, OL, OP, etc....

I've learned that everything is cyclical...and that sometimes you have to try an idea a couple of times a year for several years before it to takes hold...

That consistancy and presence counts more than glamour and BS...

That everything you say and do can be misconstued or used out of context to cast aspersions on you...

That if people have a problem with you they will take it to others and it will get blown out of proportion...they very seldom will talk to you about their problem with you.

That having trustworthy friends is a vary rare and dear thing.

That people without personal integrity aren't worth being around!

and lastly...people can change for the positive...if you allow them to!

Lorraine DeerSlayer...alphabet soup...