[Ansteorra] Re: [Ansteorra-announce] TRF pass requests/new address

Jann Mays hlgabrielle at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 4 12:06:01 PDT 2002

My Lady,
What about camping / lodging facilities?  Before, you could camp in the SCA encampment outside the fence or you could reserve bedding space in the gatehouse or armoury on a "first-come, first-serve" basis.  Is that still available?
HL Gabrielle Honorée de Saint Pierre
 Pass Reservations
wrote:

Greetings Ansteorrans!

It appears that the email addy previously sent was faulty, my deepest apologies for any inconvenience. Please note new address for requesting TRF passes below.

It's that time of year again, Texas Renaissance Festival's 2002 season begins October 5th, and runs for 7 weekends. This festival located in Grimes County between Magnolia and Plantersville, is probably the largest demo opportunity for the SCA in the knowne world. Over 400,000 folks attend each year to watch shows, shop, and revel in the current middle ages. This is also a wonderful time to show what the SCA is about, and draw new players and/or members. If you'd like to participate in this demo on all or any of the weekends, complimentary passes are provided in exchange for 3 hours of "work" each day attended. "Work" entails fighting, A&S, Heralding, waterbearing, walking the parade, bardic, working our "info. about the SCA" booth, marshalling, and banner bearing.

Passes may be picked up at "troll" in the parking lot of Mom's Cafe located across the street from TRF's main entrance. Troll hours will be Friday nights from 6pm-12midnight, Saturday morning 8am-11am, and Sunday morning 8am-11am. Passes may also be mailed to SCA paid members in special cases if requested in enough time prior to them being needed.

To reserve passes please send an e-mail to: passes4trf at yahoo.com
Include complete Mundane and SCA names of those needing passes, their contact info (telephone # and email addy).

Bear in mind that troll will be run similar to that of an SCA event, and we will be checking for membership cards, if you do not have one, you must sign a waiver form. Children will also need a completed
"consent to participoate form" if not a member. Minors not accompanied by their parent, must also bring a notorized consent form signed by their parents, and must be accompanied by a parent authorized adult.

Again, to reserve passes please send an e-mail to: passes4trf at yahoo.com
Include complete Mundane and SCA names of those needing passes, their contact info (telephone # and email addy). You will be added to the gate list.

For info on TRF and it's location please check out the TRF web site.

I hope to see lot's of you out there serving your kingdom proudly!

In service,
Lady Serin le Rapp Scheurer, TRF Pass Coordinator