[Ansteorra] Question from a relative newcomer

David Hughes davidjhughes.tx at netzero.net
Tue Oct 15 18:43:36 PDT 2002

Elizabeth Crouchet wrote:

> Excellent point taken.
>
> I will consider that when I send stuff to the list and when I build a web site for any future
> Baronial Events that I may do one for.
>
> I make an effort to see that my directions can be followed by any one with a state hwy
> map. I also like to link to Mapquest or use one of their maps on my site. If it needs
> further explanation closer to the site I try to acquire or make a map that others can
> understand. This does take time and effort and is an easy thing to volunteer for to help
> out for your group's event. Play test it with others in your area that have not been there if
> you can. Also re-use any previous maps for any previously used sites if they were
> helpful. Don't re-invent the wheel.
>
> Any other suggestions are welcome.
>
> Thanks for  the suggestions,
> Claire
> Bryn Gwlad Baronial Event Web Master

Well, since this seems to be mostly for online announcements, Latitude
and longitude coordinates could be added to the message, with a link
for MapQuest:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/latlong.adp

30.2520
-95.8330

puts you within spitting distance of the Participant's gate at
the Texas Renaissance Festival

Easy enough for someone with a GPS to find the coordinates, or someone
stubborn can pry them out of MapQuest (only took me about 30 minutes
<G> over a modem, should only take 5 with a DSL)

David Gallowglass