[Ansteorra] RE: Thank You from "The Baron's Men" and a Favor

Lisa A. May maaggie3 at attbi.com
Mon Oct 21 19:51:02 PDT 2002

To All of The Baron's Men,

Please let me, in return, thank all of you for your magnificent gift to us
this past Saturday night.  I can't tell you how sorry I feel for those who
had to miss this event - I can't imagine a more perfect setting than we had
this weekend.  A lovely evening after a rain-threatened day.  An open
amphitheater.  An audience dressed in their finest, eagerly anticipating
each line of dialogue and happily participating in the action.  Players and
musicians who knew their parts to perfection and played them with such heart
and soul that they transported all of us as I have not been transported in
our game for years now!  Oh, those magnificent voices pouring down off the
stage!!

I'll echo the sentiments of another who has posted on this list.  Your
production compares well with the semi-professional productions I have seen
at Dallas' Shakespeare in the Park (of which I am a patron) for the past
several years.  What you produced on no budget at all was amazing.  Oh my -
what your troupe could do with their budget - it would put them to shame!

Please, please, please present it again!!  Pretty please?

Margaret

Countess and Lady of the Rose
Barony of the Steppes
Kingdom of Ansteorra