[Ansteorra] Brewing Question

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Mon Oct 28 08:14:00 PST 2002

Eric Brown (caladin at io.com) said something that sounded like:
> I've been thinking about digging out the old dusty brewing supplies and
> trying my hand at a batch or two of mead. I did a batch of beer once, and
> never touched it again... ( It was fine, nothing stellar, but drinkable )
> So "how too"'s are useful too...

Then come to brewers guild!

> Anyone know any good sites, etc that are worth perusing?

If you are looking for just meads, take a look at the Mead Makers page
at http://www.solorb.com/mead/mead.html.

http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/brewing.html has some good references.

http://www.pug.net has some recipes for different styles for beginners.
In the "Sample Brewing Handbook" (an old attempt at organizing the
Kingdom brewers) you'll also find some links to good books and on-line
resources including a number of Kingdom brewers guilds with recipes and
additional links.

For beers, I recommend just going to Austin Homebrew and getting one of
their kits for a style you like. They are easy to make and turn out
decent.

> Especially some with good recipes etc...I remember
> white pepper mead being especially tasty

I've got that at home. I'll try to post it tonight.

Ciao,

--
Phelim "Pug" Gervase   |  "What about your Gods?
Bryn Gwlad - Ansteorra |   They're Defective!