[Ansteorra] Re: 3 Questions...

kihe at ticnet.com kihe at ticnet.com
Fri Oct 11 08:37:15 PDT 2002

Amra checking in, late / swamped as usual (goes with the territory of a
computer consultant working away from home and fighting a brain-damaged mail
client....)

L T writes:

> Now I know you are saying...when the heck is she going to stop with the questions...
> but honestly...I see this as a way to get us to share our opinions and experiences
> on "neutral" ground and allow us to understand each other better.
>
> So here's my current set of questions.
> 1. What are 3 things you like about the SCA in Ansteorra?

Informality
Formality
Fun&Tradition (spang-hewing @ Beltaine, rain @ Steppes Warlord, etc.)

> 2. What are 3 things you have been doing in the past 6 months
> in the SCA that you enjoy?

(other than "not enough")...
Calligraphy
Research
Merchanting/metal maintenance (I sharpen knives...)

> 3. Who are 3 people in Ansteorra who best personify the attributes of Ansteorra?

Ya mean I can't just point at any random Lion of Ansteorra? (Aww, DRAT --
Lorraine, I say loudly in advance to you particularly and the list in
general that I am NOT trying to "suck up", even given the first individual
who came to mind...) I'll try to spread these (roughly) by region, and
apologize if I am using inaccurate spellynges of names:

Kief av Kierstad
Pepin de Maronis
Burke Kyriell MacDonald

THOSE are my short answers, naturally! <gryn>

Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra,
accounted by the hand of the Ansteorran Crown worthy to bear the rank of
al-Sayyid

Mike C. Baker
kihe at ticnet.com (from webmail interface!)
All opinions expressed are typically my own --
Who else would want them!