[Ansteorra] Linen - fun facts to know and tell

David Hughes davidjhughes.tx at netzero.net
Tue Oct 15 18:52:13 PDT 2002

"Harris Mark.S-rsve60" wrote:

> What is "dual duty thread"? Is this just heavy duty thread or is it
> made of particular materials? Would sewing linen with linen thread
> help? But I know it isn't that common, and especially not available
> in a wide variety of colors to match the cloth.

Pretty standard, Cotton covered polyester.

Coats & Clark brand is "All Purpose Dual Duty Plus, Mercerized Cotton
Covered Polyester"

I tend to use Dual Duty for zig zagging the edges, buttonholes and low
stress seams, Nylon Upholstery thread for high stress seams and
buttons/fasteners when making fighting togs.

David Gallowglass