[Ansteorra] Honey Prices

Carl Chipman cchipman at nomadics.com
Wed Oct 30 16:10:01 PST 2002

I got this from one of the nice sales reps at Glorybee:

Hi Carl:

Thanks for your email from October 29th.  Yes, there actually has been a
lot going on in the honey market this past year that have made honey
prices so high (higher than they've every been).  Basically, there is a
shortage of honey in the United States which stems from a variey of
reasons including tariffs being put on imports of Chinese honey,
collapse of economies in other markets (Argentina) and also the domestic
crop didn't turn out very well this past year.  We're really not sure at
this point when it will be coming down because it just seems to be
getting higher and higher. Hopefully, this information helps.  If you
have any questions or need additional information, please don't hesitate
to email us back.

Sincerely,

Shannon Arch
Sales Representative