[Ansteorra] New award questions

Brian Martin BMartin at Corp.Prodigy.com
Tue Sep 3 14:02:20 PDT 2002

Lorraine asked:

1. How do you feel about Significant Others or close friends
 reccomending awards for their partner?

2. How do you feel about petition style award recommendations?
(Where the recommendation is written out and someone hands it
to you to add your name to the list of signees...)

Pendaran's opinions:

1. I don't have a problem with SO's or close friends recommending people for
awards. Most people are pretty objective and even if they're not, the person
making the recommendation doesn't make the decision on awards - the Crown or
landed noble  (for baronial awards) does.

2. Personally, as a peer and as a landed noble I don't have a problem with
"petition" award recs as long as they're carefully worded. Such a petition
can be problematic if it sounds like a demand; other than that I don't see
anything wrong with them.

Pendaran