[Ansteorra] New award questions

ecrouchet at austin.rr.com ecrouchet at austin.rr.com
Wed Sep 4 11:02:26 PDT 2002

> > 1. How do you feel about Significant Others or close friends
> >  reccomending awards for their partner?

I think that recommending your significant other is a fine thing. You are probably in a
good position to see what they do. "However, I think you should not hide that
relationship form the recipient of that recommendation, and maybe you should even
point out specially.I thank that campaigning for an award for a significant other or
starting a petition for an award for them is "BAD THING". You can  ask their close
friends if they see what you  do and if they might write an award rec.

> > 2. How do you feel about petition style award recommendations?
> > (Where the recommendation is written out and someone hands it
> > to you to add your name to the list of signees...)

This may sometimes be appropriate. Several people may decide to do this together and
that is fine. However, campaigning is always a bad idea.

If you feel like others should chime in, just let them know you are writing and invite them
to write one each or to get together and several small groups write them, then let them
alone to do so.

I usually feel kinda weird signing a petition, but sometimes I still do. It all depends on the
situation at the time. I usually write my own. Sometimes (rarely) I will write a 'group' one
with just my husband, that is usually for very local stuff where we really do see the same
people do the same things. On a kingdom  level we do different things.

Claire