[Ansteorra] New award questions

Burke McCrory burkemc at cox.net
Tue Sep 10 22:08:54 PDT 2002

At 10:14 PM 9/10/2002 -0500, you wrote:
> > I think they meant all peerage types...being a triple threat.  I believe
> > these are Duke Sigmund, Count Simon, Viscount Jan, and Duke Inman.  I
>don't
> > think realm as in kingdom was meant, but you are correct a peerage is the
> > same in every realm.
>
>Jan w Orzeldom is a Count, but he prefers the Polish variant, "Hrabia".  Jan
>was the third king of Ansteorra.
>
>It's worth noting that Count Simonn of Amber is a Knight, a Laurel, and I'm
>pretty sure I saw him elevated to the Pelican at Coronation, which would put
>him in this same worthy group of Peers.

One interesting fact about Simonn and Tessa is that they are the only ones
to have held all three of the ruling seats in Ansteorra.  They were the
last Prince and Princess of Ansteorra, Baron and Baroness Bordermarch, and
King and Queen of Ansteorra.  I wonder how many times that has happened in
the SCA?

Burke