[Ansteorra] SCA Forms of Address

Don and Monica dmriney at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 12 19:22:18 PDT 2002

 "Honorable Lord or Lady" for any Gentle holding a Grant of Arms as well as
"Don or Dona(with the proper pronunciation marks) for companions of the
order of the White Scarf of Ansteorra, and "Centurion" for Companions of the
Centurions of the Sable Star of Ansteorra.

These are correct but they are correct by tradition and custom rather than
SCA College of Arms approved titles. In fact there is no differentiation
between Armiger(a Gentle holding any award with an Award of Arms attatched)
and those holding a Grant of Arms in the approved tittles on the pages
indicated by Mistress Loraine.

If I were to go strictly by the book and suppose I were a Spanish Persona of
Armigerous rank I _could_ by SCA rules use the title "Don". I would highly
recommend against this in our fair Kingdom as it stands true that tradition
and custom are much harder to change than laws and are usually much more
carefully enforced.

In Faith
Master Darius
(trying desperatly to deny his inner Herald)