[Ansteorra] forms of address.

Nancy Wederstrandt nweders at mail.utexas.edu
Fri Sep 13 05:34:38 PDT 2002

Great list by the way, Lorraine:

Let me add the following if I can:

>08. Barons & Baronesses in Fief - Baron/ess (Group Name), Your Excellency, =
>Your Excellency (Group
>name or personal name)

         Founding Barons are normally entitled to use so and so, Baron/ess XXXX
while the other Barons and Baronesses are normally So and So, Baron/ess OF
XXXXXXXX.  Small but important distinction.

>12. Ansteorran Grant Orders:
>Order of the Iris of Merit (CIM) - Honourable Lord/Lady
>Order of the Star of Merit (CSM) - Honourable Lord/Lady
>Order of the White Scarf of Ansteorra (WSA) - Don/Dona
>Order of the Centurians of the Sable Star - Centurian
>Order of the Archer Majorius - (I don't know this one, can someone enlighte=
>n me?)
>
>13. All other Grants of Rank - Lord/Lady

         All Grants of Rank are normally listed or talked about as The
Honorable Lady, Lord, Don, whatever..... you don't go up to someone and
say, Hi!  Honorable Lady.  It's totally incorrect.  You call them Lady
XXXX.  When you talk about them in the third person then they are The
Honorable  XXXX.  Nor do you sign your name THL XXXXX - Hopefully you sign
your name XXXX, CIM.  The educated person will know what to call you by the
initials after your name.  It's a small point but one that people have
fallen into using incorrectly.  I was Nimbus Herald when Anebairn and
Aureliane came up with the courtesy addresses.

I hope I'm clear.

Clare
Moritu - Khanate Dancing Tyger