[Ansteorra] 3 Questions...

Brian Martin bm3876 at sbc.com
Wed Sep 25 08:12:11 PDT 2002

In regard to Lorraine's questions:

(Sorry, I couldn't limit it to three each.

1. What are 3 things you like about the SCA in Ansteorra?

	A. The chance to leave the mundane world behind for a weekend (at a
time) and be knight.
	B.  The boundless creativity
	C. My many friends
	E. The fact that we camp and don't day trip events (let's please not
loose this)
	F. We're proud to do things our way

2. What are 3 things you have been doing in the past 6 months
in the SCA that you enjoy?

	A.Working on Much Ado About Nothing
	B. Working on Much Ado About Nothing
	C. Working on Much Ado About Nothing (this play is taking over our
lives)

3. Who are 3 people in Ansteorra who best personify the attributes of
Ansteorra?

	In no particular order:
	A. Ragnar Ulfgarson (deceased - the greatest skald I've ever seen
and the greatest persona player who ever lived)
	B. Ricardo di Pisa (deceased - a man larger than life, if only we
were all so bold)
	C. Thomas of Tenby (thankfully still alive - one of the two greatest
poet/bards I've ever seen)
	D. Hector Philip Martel (the greatest personification of knighthood
I've ever seen)
	E. Mari ferch Ratheon (the other greatest poet/bard I've ever seen)
	G. Jehanne d'Avignon (okay, I'm biased and she's my wife, but she
best represents the grace of a noble woman better than 	any other lady I've
ever seen. Also, most people have no idea how many trends she's started in
this kingdom)
	E. Emrys Shaunan (The SCA has "SCA" knights and "historical" knights
- Emrys is an Arthurian knight)
	F. Kein MacEwan (My dear old friend and one of our great kings. I'd
follow him anywhere.)
	G. Cynric of Bedwin (He just makes me happy to be in the SCA)
	H. Ariella d'Aille (Have you ever seen a more lovely representation
of an Elizabethan woman? She looks like she stepped 	out of a portrait.)
	I. Christian Richard Dupre (inactive - the best Don I've ever seen,
he made me want to fight rapier)
	L. Leon Dunne (inactive - a close second to Ragnar as the best
persona player who ever lived)

	Believe it or not, all of these people came off of the top of my
head. I stopped when I started having to think about who 	should be
included, and thus there are some people who should be on this list but are
missing. I included some who are
	no longer with us in body or are in active because they continue to
inspire me thought they are no longer around. Each
	of these people have inspired me one way or another and made me want
to do things better, and to be a better 	Ansteorran.

Pendaran