[Ansteorra] New award questions

L T ldeerslayer at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 3 20:18:38 PDT 2002

> > 2. How do you feel about petition style award recommendations?
> > (Where the recommendation is written out and someone hands it
> > to you to add your name to the list of signees...)
>
> We use to do that in Middleford.  We'd let folks go through the
> recommendations.  They could sign the ones they wanted.  They could even add
> comments.  Some Crowns like it that way, others don't.  We've gotten out of
> the habit because a few Crowns in a row wanted individual recommendation.
> The main reason a petition style is good is because some folks just can't
> write a simple award recommendation.  I don't know if it's over coming one's
> inieria or fear that the individual they're recommending won't get their
> award because they wrote a bad recomemdation.  Many folks are happy to sign
> one that already written but can't quite seem to do it on their own.
>
> Gilli

I won't sign them...I always feel like someone is pressuring me...and that I'll be
looked down on or thought bad of if someone doesn't see my name there...
and I'm not a person easily influenced! I'd just hate to think of someone more impressionable
who just wants to fit in signing one, not because they think it is right...but because they
don't want to be ostracized...(and I've seen that happen too...)

Lorraine DeerSlayer