[Ansteorra] New award questions

Bob Dewart gilli at hot.rr.com
Thu Sep 5 06:01:34 PDT 2002

Yes, that's true.

I think the bottom line here is recommend those who you think have earned
whatever award it is.  Use the medium you feel comfortable with.  Don't wait
for the other guy to do it.  For some one else, YOU are the other guy.

I also think that each group should have some one who keeps an eye on the
groups OP.  In this day and age, I see no reason for an active player to
wait 10 years for an AoA.

Some may say, "Well, how do you know they'll continue after they get their
award?"  You don't, you can't.  I can give examples at all levels of folks
who are no longer playing.  I can also give examples at all levels of folks
who still are.  Please remember that an award is not so much a predictor of
future activity as it is for recognition of past activity.

Gilli
Shoot more arrows.  You're bound to hit something.