[Ansteorra] Word usage

David Hughes davidjhughes.tx at netzero.net
Wed Sep 11 18:14:14 PDT 2002

Milord is a polite form of address for an adult male.
Milady is the same for an adult female.
DO try to use the correct gender <G>
Usage is essentially the same the modern usage of "Sir", "Miss",
"Ma'am", used to someone you do not know well, or don't know the
specific form of address for the individual being addressed.
For the manner impaired, use when you would use "Dude" in modern
usage.

The only improper use would be when you mistake the gender, or persist
in using these terms when the individual has already expressed to you
their preferred way of being addressed.
(In my case, "David" (NOT "Dave"), or "Don David" if dealing with
Rapier matters)

David Gallowglass