[Ansteorra] Kingdom Culture ?

Susan Wieland damaris1 at ev1.net
Fri Sep 13 20:09:55 PDT 2002

L T wrote:

> What movies would you recommend to persons newly come to
> Oklahoma and Texas that would help them understand
> the Ansteorran "mentality"?
>
> Lorraine DeerSlayer

Ansteorran mentality?  Now there's something that would be interesting
to define.  First what is an Ansteorran?  answer:  A person living in
the 'current middle ages' who is mundanely from Texas or Oklahoma.  The
movies, "Oklahoma" and "Giant" come to mind.  Also "King of the Hill"
although its not a movie.  "Lonesome Dove" is a good one too although it
only takes place in Texas in the first part.  I also like "El Dorado".

Damaris